I can’t believe it’s only February and I’ve already been to New York twice this year! I love New York and am so grateful every time I get a chance to go back.
At the beginning of January, I went to New York to work on my clothing line (which I sneak peeked on Instagram) and will be taking most of my clothing line meetings out there. I thought it would be a good idea to keep a record of my favorite places and share with you guys recommendations I have! (which is a little ironic because most of these places I heard about from y’all!) I also wanted to get some more suggestions from you guys too, so please comment if you see that I’m missing something!
Where I stayed: EVEN Hotels Midtown was the perfect hotel because it wasn’t directly in Times Square, so it was a bit more affordable. It was $480 for three days and two nights for a two bedroom suite (my assistant went with me.)
the Refinery Hotel was where I stayed on my last trip. The lobby smells amazing and the hotel is so cozy. The rooms were pretty decent size and the room service was so quick *brownie points* There’s also an extremely picturesque rooftop restaurant/bar upstairs. You’ll feel like you’re walking into a date on the Bachelor! Haha!
and lastly, The Arlo NoMad. I loved the rooms in this hotel because the walls were glass so the views were amazing. I got a lot of questions when I posted the picture above. However, the rooms are TINY so if you’re sharing a room with someone, prepare to be pretty crammed. This hotel also has a great rooftop bar (get the Frosé!) but it’s all outdoors so it gets a little chilly at night.
Restaurants you HAVE to go to:
- Shake Shack!!! (still think it’s better than In N Out 🤷🏼♀️)
- Ippudo Ramen – get the pork buns!! And the classic ramen. It was perfect for the cold weather. It was my first time trying Ramen and I am obsessed.
- Polo Bar – This is Ralph Lauren’s restaurant. it was my favorite dinner of the entire trip! It is a little pricey but worth it. DEFINTELY make sure you call in advance to make reservations. We didn’t make one until a few hours before & didn’t get to go in until 10:30 at night and still saw people getting turned away 😢
- The Smith – my favorite lunch spot! There’s a few of them scattered around & they have the best salads & tomato soup!
Cafes & bars to visit:
- Hands down, Cha Cha Matcha! The Coconut Matcha (iced or hot) is my favorite! I literally look forward to going here the most when I’m in NYC and get it every morning! Not to mention, the decor is adorable. You’ve probably seen me post here quite a few times #addicted
- I also loved Kaffe 1668 ! Loved the asthetic here. There are SO many cute cafes in New York, it’s insane.
- The Rooftop Bar at the Standard – 1920’s Gatsby vibes, amazing cocktails & the best views! This is going to sound so funny, but make sure to use the bathroom here! 😂 But you have to go to the right one. It’s made out of all glass and you are all the way up on the top floor and have the view of the entire city. I definitely recommend reservations here, too. We didn’t make any, so we had to wait a little for a spot at the bar to clear up. Also, get the fries with the bernaise sauce!
Things to do:
- This was my first time seeing a Broadway show, and we decided to watch Anastasia. It was SO magical. I can’t wait to come back and watch more shows. It’s actually pretty hard to get Broadway tickets on a whim, but I was able to find them on Broadwaybox.com! Definitely want to see The Waitress next time!
- Times Square is amazing, but I also recommend going shopping and walking down Prince Street in SoHo! They have my fave, Saje Wellness there too!
- Chelsea Market! So many cute restaurants and shops here. You can also walk around High Line Park and see different landscapes and scenery all around New York. Fun fact it used to be a railroad, but they transformed it into a trail.
Can’t wait to be back! Also, PLEASE leave your suggestions down below!! Would love to try and visit new places. xx Amanda