Coachella Weekend 2 is here, so what better time to share my best festival tips and tricks than today?! You might have seen on Instagram as well, but I’m also going to Stagecoach next weekend (so excited!) so make sure to say hi if you’re going, too!
This year was my first year at Coachella, and it was definitely an interesting, but fun experience. I felt like a fish out of water. 😂 So glad I was able to go with some familiar faces, but I was stressing out for weeks about what to wear.. After going for the first time, I learned: DONT OVER THINK IT. Keep it simple! I think that the perfect outfit formula was a good pair of denim cut-offs, a flowy croptop or t-shirt (so you can eat a much as you want,haha), a good hat, statement jewelry and a pair of statement boots.
Shop the Outfit Above
Other significant festival tricks I learned:
- Wear comfy shoes! Super important! Booties with a low heel over sandals for sure. Your feet can get really dirty and dusty if you wear open-toed shoes. If you’re going to wear a brand new pair of shoes: make sure to break them in ahead of time because you’ll be doing a lot of walking! (& bring a band aid in your purse just in case!)
- A small backpack or fanny pack (something you don’t have to hold onto so you can dance!) You don’t want want to bring anything too fancy or brand-named. Anything too big or bulky will annoy you the longer you carry it, too.
- Bring a trusted sunscreen/SPF. I’ve mentioned Coola Sunscreen before, and it’s still my fave! My esthetician recommended the organic product to me, and I haven’t looked back since.
- Sunglasses!!! It is so hot and bright outside. If you’re not wearing a sun-shielding hat, multiple pairs for the weekend are a must. I linked staple styles below!
- Have a designated meeting spot if you get lost from your group. It’s easy to get lost in the crowds and cell reception on the grounds isn’t the greatest!
My Favorite Sunglasses