Out of all the beauty questions I get on the daily, I think the one thing I get asked about the most is my hair, so I’m so excited to finally put this post together! Today, I’m sharing my favorite hair products and where I go to get my hair done.
- Shampoo – My hair is colored and styled on the regular, so I couldn’t even imagine my life without Alterna’s Caviar instant recovery shampoo and conditioner. It smells delicious and completely changed my take stance on salon products versus drug store products! I know it’s a little pricey, but I promise it’s totally worth it! Without the right base, every other means used to try and protect your hair won’t be as effective.
- Conditioner – Once you try the conditioner, you can tell the difference IMMEDIATELY. I have extensions, but that just means it’s even more important for me to keep taking care of my natural hair. It’s definitely growing out faster because of this shampoo and conditioner combo. My hair has seriously never felt this soft, and the formula doesn’t weigh my hair down. It also leaves my hair smelling fresh, silky and shiny.
- Mason Pearson Brush – When you realize that a hair brush is a product you use at least one to two times a day, it’s important to invest in a good one. I love my Mason Pearson brush, but before you look at the price, hear me out! I’ve had this brush for at least three years, which is something to keep in mind when investing in an expensive one. It’s higher quality and lasts for a long time with minimal care. The brushes are specially made to massage your scalp and distribute natural oils. It’s also heat resistant, meaning the bristles won’t burn and damage your hair if you’re using your brush with a hair dryer. It’s honestly the best and will give you that salon-styled feel. If you’re hesitant though, I also found a good, more affordable alternative. ?
- Coconut oil – This Kopari coconut oil (that I’ve mentioned before!) can be used on your body, face, nails and hair. It’s a game-changing purchase for me, and I literally use it all the time, everywhere. It smells sooo good and is so hydrating. I love this entire line and even use their coconut rose toner and cleanser/make-up remover too. Coconut oil does wonders in general, but Kopari’s is the best!
- Nirvana White Dry Shampoo – On the days I don’t wash my hair, I use Elizabeth & James’ dry shampoo. It smells AH-MAZING. I like to put dry shampoo in my hair before I go to bed, not the morning of. That way, the powder has time to soak in the oils that produce overnight.
- Bombay’s 5-in-1 Curling Wand – I like to mix it up between an iron and a wand, but this is the best wand I’ve used. When curling my hair, I leave 2-3 inches of the end of my hair out to create a more relaxed look. I don’t coil it tightly and hold it on my hair for about 5-10 seconds. Styling tip is to not run your fingers through your hair until you’re 100% done curling your hair. Leave your hair in chunks until you’re ready to loosen them out. That way, the heat will have time to sit it your hair, making the wave last longer.
- Titanium Curling Iron, 1 1/2 inch barrel – When using a clamp curling iron, I still leave 2-3 inches of my hair out. I also curl in a spiral versus having the section of hair roll in one direction (if that makes any sense, haha!) A tip I learned was to alternate forward and backward between every section of hair. It’s a non-traditional way of creating beach waves that sit against each other, creating more volume.
- Invisible Oil – Bumble & Bumble’s invisible oil works wonders! My hair can get frizzy especially when traveling to places that are humid. This oil tames the frizz! I also use it to protect my hair before heat styling. It’s a light serum and doesn’t leave my hair feeling sticky or heavy.
- Texturizing Spray – If you have really fine hair, texturizing spray versus hairspray is your new best friend! It’s a combo of dry shampoo and hairspray, so it creates that loose waves look with a more put-together look than sea salt spray.
- Surf Spray – I am a beach girl all around, so my life wouldn’t be complete without sea salt spray. Bumble & Bumble is still my favorite!!
Last but not least, I get my hair done at Tease Salon in Orange County! If you visit, let them know
What are some of your favorite products? Have you tried any of the ones I use?! Let me know!!
Shop The Post