Hey everyone! It’s been a while since I’ve posted. I PROMISE I’m going to get better about blogging regularly. I get so many questions about my skincare routine and what products I use. To be honest, I struggle a lot with breakouts. I am one of those people who absolutely has to wash every ounce of makeup off my face before bed or I will wake up with a zit. It’s always been an insecurity of mine especially going on National TV! I’ve put together a few products that I use consistently..and I’ve tried everything so I really swear by these. Also, just recently I was getting my makeup done (by @devonduff who is amazing) and was telling her how bad I’ve been breaking out. She told me about her friend Amber at the Facial Lounge in Corona del Mar and how she works miracles. I was always skeptical about getting facials because the few times I’ve had them in the past, my skin broke out even worse and I never really saw results. But I decided to give her a try and YOU GUYS, Amber is MAGIC. She customizes facials specifically for your skin and does the best extractions. I’ve gone to her for almost a month now and not to brag, but my skin is looking flawless haha. Even after my first facial, I could tell a dramatic difference. I’ve referred all my friends and family to her and am so thankful I found her. It’s amazing how much more confidence a girl gains when she has clear skin. (This isn’t an ad nor am I being paid to write this, by the way. Just want to spread the word for any locals in OC or LA who struggle with their skin. You muuuust go!)
And now here are my favorite skincare products:
- Pore Clarifying Cleanser from the Facial Lounge. It’s all natural and keeps my skin clear without drying it out. I recommend this wash to all of my friends!
- The other is this Coconut Cleansing Oil by Kopari. It smells like roses and removes every ounce of makeup in one wash. Even waterproof mascara.
- I use these Dr. Dennis Gross Daily Peel Pads. I swear by these things and have talked to so many other people who do as well. I started off with the regular but now use the Extra Strength. They are still gentle enough for me to use daily. These pads do it all. They exfoliate and leave your skin silky smooth, help with breakouts as well as anti aging and fine lines.
- I love this Coconut Rose Toner by Kopari. It’s part of the same line as the Cleansing Oil. It also smells like roses and is so refreshing. I even spray this a little bit of this toner over my makeup throughout the day.
- I was recently introduced to this Glam Glow Matte Glow Moisturizer and it is a game changer! It leaves your skin feeling plump, moisturized and glowing! I love using it in the morning before applying my makeup. It’s the perfect prep for glowy dewy skin. One of my favorite products, for sure!
- Active Moist by Dermalogica. I’ve used this product for 10 years. It’s the best lightweight, basic moisturizer I’ve ever used.
- This Sulfur Mask from Facial Lounge works miracles on a breakout. I put a dab on a breakout on top of my moisturizer at night as a spot treatment. It’s magic! It’s pretty similar to the Peter Thomas Roth Sulphur Masque sold at Sephora…but I find it a little more potent and more affordable!
- These One Step Acne Eliminating Pads from Dr. Dennis gross are amazing. I use these after exfoliating but before I moisturize. These help me so much with hormonal breakouts!
i do a mask 2-3 times a week. I am kind of addicted to masks and have quite a collection. I switch it up depending on what my skin is needing that day. Here are my favorite masks for different conditions.
- Hydrating: Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask by Origins. I use this when my skin is dry and needs a little extra moisture. My skin can get dry especially in the winter months. You can sleep in this mask, which I love!
- Breakouts: SUPERMUD Clearing Treatment by GlamGlow is a great mask if you need a little extra help with breakouts! It clears your pores and dries up any breakouts your experiencing but doesn’t over dry your skin like other clearing masks I’ve tried!
- Exfoliating: Good Genes Lactic Acid Treatment by Sunday Riley. It’s a little pricy but so worth it. Facial in a Bottle by Facial Lounge is a pretty similar lactic acid treatment and more affordable.
- Night before an event: Vitamin Necter Vibrancy Mask by Fresh. I use this mask the night before an event or photoshoot. It brightens your skin and gives you a pretty radiant glow!
- Nars Tinted Moisturizer and SPF 30….the bomb!